Deaf Awareness Course
This course can help anyone who wants to be able to communicate more effectively with with D/deaf and hard of hearing people.
You (or your employees) will gain a background understanding of
- What Deafness is
- How assistive technologies can help D/deaf people
- Ways in which D/deaf people communicate
- Deaf identity and culture
- Practical ideas to improve communication
- How to communicate with a D/deaf person using a support worker such as an interpreter
The course is online, allowing to access it at your own pace, as often as you would like, when you would like, during the 2 month access period.
There is a certificate of completion when you have finished the whole course.
Introduction to the Deaf Awareness Course